“give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
We’ve been talking for the last couple of weeks about growing in the midst of change and transition and have mostly covered the hard stuff. But, you know, its not ALL hard. Sometimes that’s challenging to see because the difficult things seem to be at the forefront of our minds and seem like the things we need to handle right now.
God tells us through His Word quite frequently to be thankful. Why? Because he knows our tendency to not be, to focus in on the hard and what we don’t have.
I read in a book just this morning about Eve and how the enemy got her to focus on the one tree that God said she could not eat from. This turned her eyes away from the vast array of God’s creation with its plenty of other mouthwatering fruit she could eat and enjoy.
When we fill our thoughts with just the hard, we neglect to make room for the good.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good” Psalm 34:8
I’m in a happy place right now – i have a homemade pumpkin spice latte that I just made the syrup for sitting next to me as I type. There are so many spices in it – cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cloves etc. And because i made it to be not too sweet (like the Starbucks version) and where i can still taste the coffee (because i really like the taste of coffee) it is near perfect. So in-between thoughts and typing I pause. sip. and enjoy all its goodness.
God wants us to pause, taste and really see that He is indeed Good!
Can we do that today? Will you join me and sharing what’s been good in the midst of your change and transition.
Here’s what I’m giving thanks for . . .
from just today
– A great park near the church that i took the boys today to. We had a good time
– For the Moms in my Mom’s group at my church. The playdate was with them this morning. They are some amazing women and I’m grateful to be able to get to know them.
– Being able to pray for and rejoice with a friend who got some really great news today.
– It may be small, but I am grateful for this latte 🙂
– I made it through a Target run with the boys. It had its bumps and melt downs but it did not lead me to despair.
– Today, alone, 3 people have either written in the comment section or messaged me, encouraging me in my writing and doing this 31 day writing challenge. It was just what i needed to get off my butt and write this post.
from the move here to Atlanta
– Friends, so many new people to meet and get to know. And seasoned relationships that are growing even more.
– A renewed passion for discipleship for both Moe and I
– A healthier environment for us to grow in our relationship with the Lord and in our marriage
– We liver closer to my family in MS. My Mom even came to spend 2 weeks with us – such a blessing. We are even closer to Moe’s family in AL and he has family here in Atlanta.
– Provision, God has abundantly provided for our needs in ways that have left us stunned. Thats just the kind of God He is!
These are just a few. What are your grateful for? Is there something hard you are facing that is causing you to neglect seeing His goodness all around you? Share a few things below in the comment section (I would love to rejoice with you) and/or call a friend and share.